Categories
Uncategorized

Adirondacks Travel Guide for travelers to Lake George

Although many historically significant sights are on Lake George, there are several important places, including the city of Bolton, Bolton Landing, Ticonderoga and Glens Falls, which cannot spend more than an hour.

BOLTON

Road 9N is a short drive from Lake George Village to the city of La Bolton.

Characterized by rolling hills and steep hills, which are part of the Cadherosas Range, the Town of Bolton contains 26.7 miles of Lake George's 5 square miles and most of its islands.

The prehistoric Stone Age Woodland Indians first lived, who traveled through the Lake George Valley between 10,000 and 5,000 BC, witnessing this first white man as Father Isaacs Joggs and his two assistants, who traveled the Indian way to the lake. , It was awarded the title "Lac du Saint Sacrament" on 30 May 1646.

Early settlers were leading New Englanders such as Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire, who carried their earthly possessions into the caravan of foot and ball, and planted their initial roots that became the Lake George Valley. The conflicts and dangers call for the distances between the opposing Indian, predatory animals and the French and the struggle between the Indian and the American Revolutionary War.

Farms and families brought structure and stability to the Bolton Desert between 1786 and 1790 Fi fields were cleared. The homes were built of logs. Crops such as grain, wheat and rye were started from the ground, and piles, maple and spruce trees were cut into mills, the strength of which provided the five major brooks.

Separated from Thurman in 1997, Bolton occupied the position of an autonomous city with a population of about six. In the late nineteenth century, the beauty of the region began to attract tourists, with a summer of lodges and hotels that expanded, and with the introduction of steamboat service on the 1817 lake, its accessibility improved significantly.

A separate town called Bolton Landing was established in the late 1800s because its deeper waters could accommodate larger steamboats forever. Both lake and rail travel facilitated seasonal tourism, especially for the wealthy, who often visited grand hotels frequently, but eventually purchased their own lakeshore land. They quickly supported the summer mansion, ten miles from Caldwell to Bolton Landing, earning the title "Millionaire's Row" today.

The two sights provide a deeper glimpse.

Bolton or The Historical Museum:

Located on Main Street and a church in the Town of Bolton, by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany in 6767, a certificate was given by the New York State Department of Education on July 3, three years after the Bolton or Historical Museum.

"Our goal is to educate residents and visitors about the history of Bolton, Lake George and its surrounding areas," according to the museum. "The museum showcases an extensive collection of regional artifacts and souvenirs, and we sponsor a summer lecture series with the Darien Fresh Water Institute in Bolton Landing."

Sagamore:

Sagamore Resort is a vast, amenities-lakeside complex with a ulent historical roots.

Identifying its origins in 1883, it took the initial concept form when hotel operators Myron and Brown were inspired to create an exclusive resort community in the Adirondacks. With four Philadelphia millionaires, who spent their summers in state reservoirs on the west bank of the lake, he purchased the Green Island and formed the Green Island Development Agency.

It opened its doors in 1883 and quickly became the social hub of Green Island, along with veterans, celebrities, government officials, and international clients.

It was rebuilt in 1893 and 1914 by two firefighters, but continued to serve guests such as Vice President Richard M. Nixon and Governor Thomas E. Dew, who chaired the 9th National Governor's Conference.

Nevertheless, the changing circumstances and the loss of clientel property led to degradation and disappointment, and it closed permanently in 1981, but here "permanent" has been translated only in two years. Marking its centennial, Philadelphia builder and real estate developer Norman Olgin achieved it and brought it back to its former glory.

According to the hotel, "Sagamore Resort in Lake George is a prestigious hotel and has a prestigious history dating back to the 1880s," the hotel reported. Situated on a private 5-acre island just miles০ miles north of Albany, the Sagamore families, celebrities and celebrities together have organized the signature of a century ago by Myron and Brown, along with an inspiring setting in the heart of the Adirondackhouses, featuring our historic Lehigh Valley. , Award-winning dining … and p Everyday extraordinary guest experience promises to make your function at your leisure to enjoy the water and land with a relatively not selected, sagamora one-year family vacation, weekend gateways and somehow Ground Lake George Resort is ideal for events.

Its benefits are numerous: 39 392 rooms in historic hotels, lodges, castles and hermitage buildings; A 70-acre island location; Eight restaurants and lounges; An 18-hole Donald Ross-designed golf course; Opal Spa and Saloon; Four tennis courts; A fitness center and fitness classes; 95,000 gallons outdoor infinity pool; 10,000 square feet of entertainment center; And a 90-minute cruise on his own 72-foot boat, "The Morgan"

Fort Ticonderoga

Probably the most important and perfectly restored view of the Adirondacks is the Fort Fort Ticonderoga, which is about 40 miles north of Lake George Village via Road 9N.

Land, and especially that which could yield considerable wealth, was the single most important incentive that led people to place their demands on it, and both England and France did exactly that in North America, each seeking to expand its empire and exploit wood. Committed, always ignore most existing Native Americans. They needed protection with their claims. In the British case, this protection took the form of a series of fortifications in the Hudson River and, in the case of the French, a waterway connected to its fur trade network, as well as a similar castle.

Although the Ticonderoga Peninsula was called the "Carillon" by the French on the outskirts of their territory, it was an important point, and by the mid-1700s, the ancient forests of the Lake George area were replaced by European power wrestling with each other for supremacy. Human conflict is transformed into chaos.

What was needed initially, called Fort Carillon, arose after the French were defeated in the Battle of George Lake in 1735, and failed the British invasion of the Marquis de Lotbinier on two lanes of Lake Champlain and two miles. Portage from Lake George's Outlet.

The star-shaped castle, which lies on the La Lat River, with a winter barracks capacity of 400 birds between the Zor and Champlain lakes and lakes, was considered as the ultimate defense weapon of the 18th century. Initially earth-strong logs were built, but later protected by stone bases from nearby quarries, surrounded by a bakery, a brewery, an oven and a brick kiln with an external external support structure beneath it.

Snakes on the banks of the La Chute River were able to cut wood to build both castles and boats ("Batax" in French) that they provided after docking in the northern and southern shores.

Soldiers practiced the drill at the Place de Arms, surrounded by barracks and four-story dwelling ovens, powder magazines, ice storage areas, dungeons and reservoirs. Fort-surrounding defenses include redbouts in the north and west, and a battery located on Mount Hope.

Tent cities provide shelter to summer garrisons.

Massachusetts soldier Eli Forbesch once remarked, "The power of the castle has surpassed you in the most vivid imagination. N nature and art combine to make it indescribable."

Attacked six times during the two wars, Fort Carillon never suffered direct injuries to its walls, though it was weakly reduced two times when it was unable to maintain supply lines.

Among its significant historical milestones, more than 8,000 French, Canadians, and Native Americans left to invade British-occupied Fort William Henry in 1757; About 2,000,000 British troops were killed when French positions were attacked in July of this year, considered the bloodiest war in America since the Civil War; And Lord Jeffrey Amherst drove the French away, leading a powerful attack in 1759, but not until its powder magazine was blown up.

Rebuilt and for the next 16 years in the hands of the British, it was named "Fort Ticonderoga", an Iroquois term meaning "between two waters" or "where the water meets".

Three weeks after the battle of Lexington and Concord during the American Revolution, Ethan Allen and Benedict Arnold, along with members of their Green Mountain Boys militia, crossed the Champlain lake from Vermont on May 10, 1775, launching a dawn attack on the sleepy British. The garrison that was considered the first successful and significant American victory during that conflict.

William Ferris, a New York merchant, began leasing the base of the fort in Pell, and four years later purchased a military post. About a century later, Sarah and Stephen Pell began work on one of America's earliest recovery projects. Opened to the public at an event attended by President Taft, it was designated one of the first National Hist Historical Landmarks in ১৯6666.

"Discover one of North America's finest collections of 18th-century military material culture," enthuses the museum. "Art, weapons and equipment displayed in the barracks of the soldier documents the largest collection of eighteenth-century artillery in North America and Europe, mounted on the walls of Fort Ticonderoga."

The Lamp House Welcome Center, Lake Champlain and Vermont have guides, information, elaborate gift shops and America's Fort Café overlooking the Green Mountains and lead it to the original castle, where activities include demonstrations, tours, candy and cannons, sewing, shoemaking, tailoring. , And playing chicken and drums.

Other attractions include King's Garden, a 75-minute boat cruise to "Carillon" and the Mount Defiance to see the military landscape of the fort.

The Hyde Collection

Twelve miles south of Lake George (exit 18 on the New York State Thruway) on Warren Street in the town of Glens Falls, the area's attractions shift from Hyde's 18th-century history to 20th-century art.

It was raised in 1865. Founded by Samuel Prune and Jeremiah Fink Fink, Pruin and the company, this Glenn Falls paper concerns production, thus setting the foundation for family wealth and community well-being. Two years later, daughter Charlotte Prune was born into one of the region's premier industrial families.

Toward the end of the decade, now a young man himself, he met Louis Fiske, a Harvard law student, who finished high school in Boston, and they married at 12. But after his Boston law practice quit four years later, he and Charlotte returned. At Glens Falls, where he took the position of co-president of Finch, Pruin and Company.

After adapting the American Renaissance tradition to American taste in American architecture, he did it with his two sisters, the Hudson River and the Family Mill in three houses built between 9 and 12.

বিভিন্ন ধরণের ইউরোপীয় গ্রীষ্মের ভ্রমণের সাথে সম্পদ একত্রিত হয়ে শিল্পের মারাত্মক সংগ্রহের সূত্র হয়ে ওঠে এবং পরবর্তী বিশ্বাসের চুক্তিটি নিশ্চিত করেছিল যে এটি এবং সেইসাথে যে ঘরটি প্রদর্শিত হয়েছিল, এটি যাদুঘর হিসাবে রক্ষণাবেক্ষণ করা হবে যা জনসাধারণের জন্য উন্মুক্ত হয়েছিল 1963 সালে মনোনীত হাইড হাউস, এটি 21 বছর পরে Histতিহাসিক স্থানের জাতীয় নিবন্ধে তালিকাভুক্ত হয়েছিল।

জাদুঘরের দাবি, "প্রতি বছর 5,000 টিরও বেশি শিল্পকর্ম এবং বছরে দশটিরও বেশি প্রদর্শনীর সংকলন, হাইড সংগ্রহটি এই অঞ্চলের প্রিমিয়ার ভিজ্যুয়াল আর্ট প্রতিষ্ঠান" is "গিল্ডেড বয়স সংগ্রাহক শার্লট এবং লুই হাইডের দ্বারা প্রতিষ্ঠিত, যাদুঘরে তাদের historicতিহাসিক বাড়ি অন্তর্ভুক্ত রয়েছে। প্রশস্ত, মার্জিত কক্ষগুলিতে, আলংকারিক কলাগুলির একটি বিস্তৃত সংগ্রহ, বিরল বই এবং মধ্যযুগীয়, রেনেসাঁ, ইউরোপীয় এবং আমেরিকান শিল্পের একটি বিশিষ্ট সংগ্রহ প্রদর্শিত হয়েছে । "

বাড়িটিতে একটি ডাইনিং রুম, একটি উঠান, একটি গ্রন্থাগার, অতিথি শয়নকক্ষ এবং প্রধান স্তরের একটি অভ্যর্থনা ঘর এবং সবুজ অতিথি ঘর, সঙ্গীত ঘর, পূর্ব অতিথি শয়নকক্ষ এবং উপরের দিকে মিসেস হাইডের শয়নকক্ষ অন্তর্ভুক্ত রয়েছে স্তর এবং তাদের দেয়ালগুলি আঁকাগুলিতে আঁকা আছে রেমব্র্যান্ড, অ্যালবার্ট বিয়ার্স্টাড্ট, টমাস ইকিনস, রেনোয়ার, রুবেনস, পিকাসো, বোটিসেল্লি, এল গ্রেকো এবং ডেগাস টু হোমার থেকে।

সংযুক্ত শিক্ষা শাখায় অতিরিক্ত গ্যালারী, শ্রেণিকক্ষ, একটি আর্ট স্টুডিও এবং বক্তৃতা, গ্যালারী টক এবং ওয়ার্কশপগুলির জন্য একটি মিলনায়তন রয়েছে।

নিবন্ধ সূত্র:

ট্যাকেট, পল "লেকের দৈত্য।" "নিউইয়র্কের অ্যাডিরনড্যাক্সের লেক জর্জি অঞ্চলটি দেখুন" " ওয়ারেন কাউন্টি পর্যটন বিভাগ, 2019।